P1000DS - 1-5/8" x 1-5/8", 12 Gage; with Double Slots
Unistrut's P1000DS (double slotted) is design for attachment on both the top and bottom of the channel. The DS slots allow attachment of pipe clamps and channel nuts so that both sides of the strut may be used.
This product is a good substitution for many back-to-back channels, offering similar functionality, and is great for pipe and conduit trapeze supports. Pipe and conduit may be supported on both the top and bottom sides.
Product dimensions are 1 5/8" wide x 1 5/8" tall x 12 ga. thick; with double slots. The slots are 7/8" wide x 2 3/4" long with in-turned lips and 3 1/2" on center. Standard lengths are 10 feet: 10' or 10’ 1/8" (3.05m) ± 1/8" (3 mm) and 20 feet: 20' or 20’ 3/8" (6.11m) ± 1/8" (3 mm) 1/8"
Our P1000DS is available in the following finishes: Pre-Galvanized (PG), Hot-Dip Galvanized (HG), Plain (PL) and Green (GR).
|Part No.||Length (ft)||Finish||Product Weight / Ft (lbs/ft)|
|Beam Loading - P1000DS|
|Uniform Loading at Deflection||
|Note||NR - Not Recommended|
|Column Loading - P1000DS|
Allowable Load at Slot Face
Max Column Load Applied at C.G.
|K=0.65 (lbs)||K=0.80 (lbs)||K=1.0 (lbs)||K=1.2 (lbs)|
Elements of Section
|Elements of Section - P1000DS|
|Area of Section||0.555 in2 (3.6 cm2)|
|Axis 1-1||Axix 2-2|
|Moment of Inertia (I)||0.185 in4 (7.7 cm4)||0.236 in4 (9.8 cm4)|
|Section Modulus (S)||0.202 in3 (3.3 cm3)||0.290 in3 (4.8 cm3)|
|Radius of Gyration (r)||0.577 in (1.5 cm)||0.651 in (1.7 cm)|
- 10 feet: 10' or 10’ 1/8” (3.05m) ± 1/8" (3 mm)
- 20 feet: 20' or 20’ 3/8” (6.11m) ± 1/8" (3 mm)
- Available with a tolerance of ±1/8" (3 mm). Request quote.
- Many Unistrut channel sections can be supplied with a curve. Click here for our ordering form, specifications, and instructions.
- All beam and column load data pertains to carbon steel and stainless steel channels.
- Load tables apply only to UNISTRUT brand channel. Look for "UNISTRUT" on the product.
- Load tables and charts are constructed to be in accordance with the SPECIFICATION FOR THE DESIGN OF COLD-FORMED STEEL STRUCTURAL MEMBERS 2007 EDITION published by the AMERICAN IRON AND STEEL INSTITUTE USING ASD METHOD.
- Loads are based on 33 ksi steel cold formed to 42 ksi.
- Safety Factor to Yield Strength is 1.67 for Beam Loads and 1.80 for Column Loads.
- Beam loads are based on a simple beam and are given as a total uniform load (W) in pounds. For proper calculation procedures, refer to our Beam Load Calculation Guide.
- For bearing loads, reference our Bearing Loads Page.
Materials & Finishes
Materials & Finishes - Standard:
- Pregalvanized (PG): Conforms to ASTM A653 SS GR 33, G90.
- Unistrut Defender (DF): Conforms to ASTM A1046 SS GR 33
- Hot Dip Galvanized (HG): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, Finish conforms to ASTM A123
- Perma-Green (GR): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, E-Coat finish
- Perma-Gold (ZD): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, Finish conforms to ASTM B633, Type II SC3
- Plain (PL): Conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33
- Stainless Steel, Type 304 (SS): ASTM A240, Type 304 *
- Stainless Steel, Type 316 (ST): ASTM A240, Type 316 *
- Aluminum (EA): ASTM B221, Type 6063-T6 (Extruded) *
* These materials have different physical properties and performance characteristics. Please contact us for design support.