P1001 - 1-5/8" x 3-1/4", 12 Gage Back-to-Back, Solid
12 Gauge Solid Strut Channel, Back-to-Back
Unistrut's P1001, often known as 12 Gauge Standard or Deep Back-to-Back Strut Channel, is commonly used for trapeze supports, seismic bracing, ceiling grids, pipe, conduit, duct and cable tray supports, racks, and other general framing. For application examples, refer to our Application Showcase.
The P1001AW is OPA approved for seismic bracing and the P1001 will be included in our upcoming OPM. It is also UL Listed and CSA Listed for use as a Strut-Type Channel Raceway.
Product dimensions are 1 5/8" wide x 3 1/4" tall x 12 ga. thick, back to back. Punched holes are also available for ease of installation.
Our P1001 is available in Pre-Galvanized (PG), Unistrut Defender (DF), Hot-Dip Galvanized (HG), Plain (PL), Green (GR), Zinc Dichromate (ZD), Stainless Steel (SS or ST) and Aluminum (EA).
|Part No.||Length (ft)||Finish||Product Weight / Ft (lbs/ft)|
|Beam Loading - P1001|
|Uniform Loading at Deflection||
|24||* 3,500||0.02||* 3,500||* 3,500||* 3,500||1.00|
|Note||*Load limited by weld shear|
|Column Loading - P1001|
Allowable Load at Slot Face
|Max Column Load Applied at C.G.|
|K=0.65 (lbs)||K=0.80 (lbs)||K=1.0 (lbs)||K=1.2 (lbs)|
Elements of Section
|Elements of Section - P1001|
|Area of Section||1.111 in2 (7.2 cm2)|
|Axis 1-1||Axix 2-2|
|Moment of Inertia (I)||0.928 in4 (38.6 cm4)||0.471 in4 (19.6 cm4)|
|Section Modulus (S)||0.571 in3 (9.4 cm3)||0.580 in3 (9.5 cm3)|
|Radius of Gyration (r)||0.914 in (2.3 cm)||0.651 in (1.7 cm)|
- 10 feet: 10' or 10’ 1/8” (3.05m) ± 1/8" (3 mm)
- 20 feet: 20' or 20’ 3/8” (6.11m) ± 1/8" (3 mm)
- Available with a tolerance of ±1/8" (3 mm). Request quote.
- Many Unistrut channel sections can be supplied with a curve. Click here for our ordering form, specifications, and instructions.
- All beam and column load data pertains to carbon steel and stainless steel channels.
- Load tables apply only to UNISTRUT brand channel. Look for "UNISTRUT" on the product.
- Load tables and charts are constructed to be in accordance with the SPECIFICATION FOR THE DESIGN OF COLD-FORMED STEEL STRUCTURAL MEMBERS 2007 EDITION published by the AMERICAN IRON AND STEEL INSTITUTE USING ASD METHOD.
- Loads are based on 33 ksi steel cold formed to 42 ksi.
- Safety Factor to Yield Strength is 1.67 for Beam Loads and 1.80 for Column Loads.
- Beam loads are based on a simple beam and are given as a total uniform load (W) in pounds. For proper calculation procedures, refer to our Beam Load Calculation Guide.
- For bearing loads, reference our bearing loads page.
- Welded channels are spot welded 2" (51 mm) or 3" (76 mm) on-center.
Materials & Finishes
Materials & Finishes - Standard:
- Pregalvanized (PG): Conforms to ASTM A653 SS GR 33, G90.
- Unistrut Defender (DF): Conforms to ASTM A1046 SS GR 33
- Hot Dip Galvanized (HG): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, Finish conforms to ASTM A123
- Perma-Green (GR): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, E-Coat finish
- Perma-Gold (ZD): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, Finish conforms to ASTM B633, Type II SC3
- Plain (PL): Conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33
- Stainless Steel, Type 304 (SS): ASTM A240, Type 304 *
- Stainless Steel, Type 316 (ST): ASTM A240, Type 316 *
- Aluminum (EA): ASTM B221, Type 6063-T6 (Extruded) *
* These materials have different physical properties and performance characteristics. Please contact us for design support.