P1003 - 1 5/8" x 1 5/8", 12 Gage, With 4 1/32" Wide Plate
Unistrut's P1003 is the original metal framing strut channel and has been used in countless applications for over 90 years. Commonly known as 12 gauge standard or deep strut channel, it is the global standard for strut metal framing.
This channel is commonly used for electrical supports, mechanical supports, pipe, conduit, duct and cable tray supports, and other general framing. For application examples, refer to our Application Showcase. This channel is ideal for providing a higher load capacity over a traditional back to back combination.
Product dimensions are 1 5/8" wide x 1 5/8" tall x 12 ga. thick, with a 4 1/32' wide plate. Punched holes are also available for ease of installation.
Our P1003 is available in the following finishes: Pre-Galvanized (PG), Unistrut Defender (DF), Hot-Dip Galvanized (HG), Plain (PL), Green (GR), Zinc Dichromate (ZD), Stainless Steel (SS or ST) and Aluminum (EA).
|Part No.||Length (ft)||Finish||Product Weight / Ft (lbs/ft)|
Elements of Section
|Elements of Section - P1003|
|Area of Section||0.979 in2 (6.3 cm2)|
|Axis 1-1||Axix 2-2|
|Moment of Inertia (I)||0.287 in4 (11.9 cm4)||0.617 in4 (25.7 cm4)|
|Section Modulus (S)||0.248 in3 (4.1 cm3)||0.290 in3 (4.8 cm3)|
|Radius of Gyration (r)||0.576 in (1.5 cm)||0.909 in (2.3 cm)|
- 10 feet: 10' or 10’ 1/8” (3.05m) ± 1/8" (3 mm)
- 20 feet: 20' or 20’ 3/8” (6.11m) ± 1/8" (3 mm)
- Available with a tolerance of ±1/8" (3 mm). Request quote.
- Many Unistrut channel sections can be supplied with a curve. Click here for our ordering form, specifications, and instructions.
- All beam and column load data pertains to carbon steel and stainless steel channels.
- Load tables apply only to UNISTRUT brand channel. Look for "UNISTRUT" on the product.
- Load tables and charts are constructed to be in accordance with the SPECIFICATION FOR THE DESIGN OF COLD-FORMED STEEL STRUCTURAL MEMBERS 2007 EDITION published by the AMERICAN IRON AND STEEL INSTITUTE USING ASD METHOD.
- Loads are based on 33 ksi steel cold formed to 42 ksi.
- Safety Factor to Yield Strength is 1.67 for Beam Loads and 1.80 for Column Loads.
- Beam loads are based on a simple beam and are given as a total uniform load (W) in pounds. For proper calculation procedures, refer to our Beam Load Calculation Guide.
- For bearing loads, reference our bearing loads page.
- Welded channels are spot welded 2" (51 mm) or 3" (76 mm) on-center.
Materials & Finishes
Materials & Finishes - Standard:
- Pregalvanized (PG): Conforms to ASTM A653 SS GR 33, G90.
- Unistrut Defender (DF): Conforms to ASTM A1046 SS GR 33
- Hot Dip Galvanized (HG): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, Finish conforms to ASTM A123
- Perma-Green (GR): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, E-Coat finish
- Perma-Gold (ZD): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, Finish conforms to ASTM B633, Type II SC3
- Plain (PL): Conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33
- Stainless Steel, Type 304 (SS): ASTM A240, Type 304 *
- Stainless Steel, Type 316 (ST): ASTM A240, Type 316 *
- Aluminum (EA): ASTM B221, Type 6063-T6 (Extruded) *
* These materials have different physical properties and performance characteristics. Please contact us for design support.