P4003 - 1-5/8" x 2 7/16", 16 Gage, Triple Combination
Unistrut's P4003 (triple combination) is welded with three channel for additional strength. This channel is ideal for supporting large loads across long spans, offers versatility with connection points at both ends, and avoids welding on the jobsite.
This channel is commonly used for applications with heavy load requirements such as healthcare supports, lab supports with specialized HVAC systems, and general commercial structures where P4001 material has insufficient load capacities.
Product dimensions are 1 5/8" wide x 2 7/16" tall x 16 ga. thick; triple combination of our P4000 channel.
Our P4003 is available in the following finishes: Pre-Galvanized (PG), Plain (PL), and Hot-Dip Galvanized (HG), Green (GR), and Stainless Steel (SS).
|Part No.||Length (ft)||Finish||Product Weight / Ft (lbs/ft)|
Elements of Section
|Elements of Section - P4003|
|Area of Section||0.731 in2 (4.7 cm2)|
|Axis 1-1||Axix 2-2|
|Moment of Inertia (I)||0.424 in4 (17.6 cm4)||0.195 in4 (8.1 cm4)|
|Section Modulus (S)||0.342 in3 (5.6 cm3)||0.240 in3 (3.9 cm3)|
|Radius of Gyration (r)||0.761 in (1.9 cm)||0.517 in (1.3 cm)|
1 5/8" Series Channel Specifications
- 10 feet: 10' or 10’ 1/8” (3.05m) ± 1/8" (3 mm)
- 20 feet: 20' or 20’ 3/8” (6.11m) ± 1/8" (3 mm)
- Available with a tolerance of ±1/8" (3 mm). Request quote.
- Many Unistrut channel sections can be supplied with a curve. Click here for our ordering form, specifications, and instructions.
- All beam and column load data pertains to carbon steel and stainless steel channels. Load tables and charts are constructed to be in accordance with the SPECIFICATION FOR THE DESIGN OF COLD-FORMED STEEL STRUCTURAL MEMBERS 2007 EDITION published by the AMERICAN IRON AND STEEL INSTITUTE USING ASD METHOD.
- For bearing loads, reference bearing loads page.
Materials & Finishes
Materials & Finishes - Standard:
- Pregalvanized (PG): Conforms to ASTM A653 SS GR 33, G90.
- Unistrut Defender (DF): Conforms to ASTM A1046 SS GR 33
- Hot Dip Galvanized (HG): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, Finish conforms to ASTM A123
- Perma-Green (GR): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, E-Coat finish
- Perma-Gold (ZD): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, Finish conforms to ASTM B633, Type II SC3
- Plain (PL): Conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33
- Stainless Steel, Type 304 (SS): ASTM A240, Type 304 *
- Stainless Steel, Type 316 (ST): ASTM A240, Type 316 *
- Aluminum (EA): ASTM B221, Type 6063-T6 (Extruded) *
* These materials have different physical properties and performance characteristics. Please contact us for design support.